After receiving an LLB Law degree from the University of Leeds in 2001, Alan graduated with a Masters in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Sheffield in 2008. He began his engineering career as a project engineer with Meridian Medical Limited, overseeing manufacturing processes, before joining EASL in 2009.
Over the course of his time with EASL he has become a Senior Engineer with a wealth of SQEP accreditations in pipework, FEA and material analysis.
- The analytical and experimental stress analysis technique
- Finite element techniques in solid mechanics
- Structural analysis; creep and fatigue; plastic collapse
- Low-temperature fracture
- Impact assessment
- Use of design codes: ASME B&PV, BS806, PD5500
- Plant inspection
- Piping and corrosion
- Computational Fluid Dynamics techniques
- CAD, FLUENT, ANSYS, ABAQUS, TRANS-2, R-CODE, GAMBIT, MATLAB, Solid Works, TurboCAD. VISUAL BASIC and Python Programming
- Use of BE/EDF procedures R5, R6 and R3.
Contact us today and find out how we can help you with your next project.