Paul received a 1st class Masters in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nottingham in 1988, and began working at EASL in 1998 after a number of years as consultant and structural analyst throughout the North West with Rolls Royce and NNC. Working on seismic and structural analysis of various power engineering projects including the Clyde Submarine Base in Faslane and the UK fleet of nuclear plants Paul has over 20 years experience in the industry.
- Finite Element Analysis of civil engineering structures and components
- Material non-linearity, contact analysis, thermal analysis, seismic and static fault studies
- Experience of ABAQUS, ANSYS, NASTRAN, ASAS, pre/post processors I-DEAS, FEMAP.
- Fracture and creep assessment of pressure vessels and piping using the R6, RSE-M and R5 procedures
- Analysis of piping systems using PSA5
- Design code assessment of civil engineering structures and reactor plant components.
- Seismic analysis of structures, including soil-structure interaction effects and use of CLASSI, SHAKE and THGE.
- Leak before break
Contact us today and find out how we can help you with your next project